Monday, February 8, 2010

Organizing-- You are Smarter than you think--Figuring Out Your Own Problems

What is your problem? I mean, what is your organizing problem? I have been on a quest for most of my married life (almost 29 years) to be totally organized. Now I have to confess that I have not yet achieved this goal, but I am still working towards it. Something that I finally concluded after many years is that I needed to figure out what MY organizing problems were and what my organizing solution style is. For example, I have tried many filing systems over the years that have been recommended by friends or other professional organizers. I found out that what other people recommend was not always successful for me. After trying several of them and being unsuccessful, I combined some of the the ideas into a system that works for me.

It is kind of interesting to me that it took me so long to figure this out. I had an ah ha moment one day. It finally dawned on me that I could figure out what works best for ME. My lifestyle and habits are not the same as anyone else. I figured I was a pretty smart person and could find solutions to my organizational problems. I still read organizational books and articles and surf the web looking for ideas, but I realized my problems are my problems and I needed to find out what worked for me and my family.

You can do it too. I will give you some of my ideas in upcoming posts and you can use them as they are or use them to spark an idea of your own. What works for me will not always work for you, but you might get some good ideas you could implement into your own organizing style.

How easy is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment