Thursday, February 4, 2010

Rosemary Skewered Chicken (or beef) with Orange Glaze

Thank you Chef Curtis Stone (Take home chef, ya know, the cute British guy? He also does recipes for The Biggest Loser). I found this recipe online for the chicken, and thought it sounded easy and yummy. I decided to use stew beef instead of chicken (because that is what I had that was not frozen). I cannot believe how big of a hit it was at my house!! Kellen and Rykker had seconds, and Kellen couldn't stop telling me how delicious he thought it was! So, I thought I'd better share it with you!!

Rosemary Skewered Chicken (or beef) with Orange Glaze

Ingredients
Juice of 3 oranges (you can also use orange juice from concentrate)
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp. honey
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. finely chopped peeled fresh ginger (or 1/4 -1/2 tsp dried, ground ginger)
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
6 large sprigs of rosemary about 10 to 12 inches long, with half the leaves removed

Instructions
1. Preheat a grill or grill pan on medium high heat.
2. Place the orange juice into a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until the orange juice has the consistency of a very thin syrup. Add the Dijon, honey, garlic, and ginger and continue cooking over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat to allow flavors to meld and reserve.
3. Evenly divide the cubed chicken among the rosemary sprigs and skewer the chicken onto the exposed part of the rosemary sprigs. (Beef is a little harder to skew, so I stuck a real wooden skewer through it first to make a hole. Then I threaded the beef onto the rosemary sprig. This recipe wouldn't be the same if you just cooked the meat on a regular skewer rather than the rosemary).
4. Lightly brush the grill with oil and grill chicken for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F on an instant read thermometer.
5. Remove skewers from the grill to a serving plate, drizzle with the orange sauce and serve immediately.

I served it with Rice Pilaf...and Kellen was wishing I had doubled the sauce, since he likes to put the sauce on his rice! Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment